Sunday, December 12, 2010

Of course

I set up the other half of the kitchen counter (such as I have one) to be my terrain paint station. I have the wax paper down and all of the arena pieces moved there with plenty of room for walls and other completed pieces.

And my paint is no good. The pre-thinned stuff has dried in the plastic container - no real surprise. I'll just toss that and put the fresh paint in a new container. But I'm pretty much out of paint for the base coat. It's not worth heading out to Walmart to get a new quart mixed up tonight. I'll do that tomorrow and pick up some paper/plastic cups to use while measuring and painting.

I did get 22 of the remaining corners on their bases and the side pieces on the door frames. Turns out I made 5 more corner bases than I have corners so I'll fix that by making 5 more corners. I suppose I could just add another tile and make them corridor pieces but extra corners might come in handy. Once the door frames have dried thoroughly I'll lightly sand the tops to take off any high spots and put the last 2 bricks on top to finish them completely.

I'm darn close to having all the walls, corners and door frames built. Then it's just a matter of making lots and lots of corridor sections. I need 79 of the 4 x 4 sections to make all of the pieces listed with the game. It seems low based on the number of floor tiles I originally estimated. I'll redo the math later since I'm a long way from making that goal.

I'm also working on designing the rooms. The small rooms can have design sections of 3 x 4 or 2 x 5 and the large rooms can have design sections of 5 x 6 or 4 x 7. I had to take into the border of cracked floor tiles to match the rest of the dungeon. It's how I plan on the rooms integrating well with the walls. It seems limiting on the types of decor but it also makes it easier since they're actually not that large. I may make more rooms than the game calls for in case I need to stretch it out to fit the time slot. And since every room requires 2 corners the extra ones listed above are a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment