Saturday, December 18, 2010

A nice smooth base coat

One of the multitude of problems with being a bit of a perfectionist is that I always have to go over the terrain pieces I paint and touch up all the places the base coat didn't cover.  Typically this is between bricks where they don't fit perfectly smooth and other such areas.  In this case it's also a lot of the floor tiles because I'm using the cracked floor and a lot of those cracks didn't take the first-second base coat.



Going forward I'm not going to base coat nearly as many pieces at one time.  I'm going to do the dry brushing and get them done before moving on to the next set.  I should have done that but at least I figured it out before base coating any more.

The only pieces I won't varnish and base are the door frames.  I want to have the option to do some fancy painting on them.  I'll know in plenty of time if I need to leave some plain since they're getting painted along with the rest of the pieces.  If needed I can always paint over the finished pieces later.

I set the arena aside since it's not necessary right now and I want to focus my time on this project.  I kind of wanted to have it ready for new year's eve but again, not necessary and takes time away from this required project.

No comments:

Post a Comment