Monday, December 13, 2010

Just One More Thing syndrome

Sure, I planned on going to bed. But the empty building jigs were just too tempting.

The required corners are assembled so they can be put on their tiles tomorrow. The tiles I put together tonight.

The door frames all have their top pieces so they're completely assembled. I was going to play with designs when my friend came over but that got put into the "some time in the future" so I went with my original idea. I even took the time to sand down the tops to make sure the finishing pieces would sit smooth. They look pretty good, I do have to say.

I've been putting together the 2 tile segments as I have space. I need those to border the room floors. I'm going to mix my casts with the ones my friend is sending me so that I can keep things consistent. So I won't be making any more corridor pieces until those arrive. I'll cast a whole lot, I just won't assemble more than I need to border the room tiles. I think if I alternate the two types of casting correctly I can get consistent 4 tile components.

I'm leaving everything that's currently in the jigs there until the morning.

I also tried sanding the sides of the A&K tiles and it seems like there was a slight angle to the pieces. I'm doing a 2 piece assembly for a floor and I'll see how that works out now that I sanded them "true". I also put a weight on the pieces so no matter what the tops should be flat. That will let me know for certain. And I was able to salvage the one large room tile that I made to the incorrect dimensions. It was designed in a way I could do that. So now I'll need to sand off the glue and reassemble. Not a big deal, actually. Much easier than making a new one.

If this works to make the other decorative floors match up I have a nifty chain floor pattern that I can put together for a small room. I'm still very excited about painting these. I'm not exactly sure what colors the chain floor is going to be. I'll figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment