Friday, May 1, 2009

The end is nigh! The end is nigh!

Well, kinda.  I'm on the last 2 models of my regular army.  The piercers (archers) are done and glued to their bases.  The bear rider captain has been lined.  All 5 of them are waiting for varnish, which they will get tomorrow.

The last 2 figures are prepped and I actually started on them last night.  I only started the second one because I had extra skin tone on the palette that I didn't want to waste.

Obviously the basing isn't done.  As I stated previously that's the last of my concerns at this point.  Gluing the materials to the base and priming can be done here and the painting once I'm in Texas.

I'm waiting on my light tent before trying to take pictures.  Even if Mr. Rastl waits until my birthday that's soon enough that I can take pictures before I leave.

I'll also need to work on the carry case and carving out the spaces for the minis.  I had a friend send me a bunch of old cotton t-shirts that I can use for wrapping the figures when they're in the carry case.  The foam is a very mild abrasive, which leads to paint being rubbed off in places.  I'd like to avoid that if possible.

I'll be starting on my lists of things to bring and things to ship ahead of time.  I need to get my stuff shipped out by about Thursday so it has a week to get there even though it will be sent in a Priority Flat Rate box.  Better early than late.  That's just my melt.  The army will be in my checked luggage.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment