Thursday, May 14, 2009

ReaperCon - Day 1

Well, days 0 and 1 actually.

Last night was the Meet and Greet where we all hung around and chatted.  Actually we caught up with people, etc.  Reaper provides a very nice meal for everyone and it's a nice start to things.

Today was the first official day of the convention.  There was some confusion whether it started at 9:00am or noon.  The schedule shows that classes didn't actually start until noon but they opened the doors at 9 so people could register and buy tickets for classes.  And those of us slackers who just show up and don't leave.

What did I do today?  I didn't have any classes scheduled and my army is complete.  My plan was to spend some time at Paint and Take to try a few new ideas for painting and mostly hang around.

Yeah.

What I actually did was spend a lot of time talking to people, play test the rules for one of the games, and then spend a LOT of time picking my way through the Boneyard getting all the bits and bobs I wanted in exchange for the unwanted metal I shipped down.  Yes, a LOT of time since I wanted lots of little weapons off the sprues so I can use them in conversions and terrain.  That's very time consuming.  But as of today I'd say I'm around 95% done with the planned purchases (they needed to cast more of things that were gone) so tomorrow I'll get that finished up so I can do other things.

As with previous years there was much laughter and some of it was even at stuff that might be considered funny later.  We're already getting silly and it's only the first day.  I'm going to be quite amused by the rest of the weekend.

I did finally get to Paint and Take around 10:00pm and picked out a mini to paint but she didn't tell me what color she wanted to be so I stuffed her in my brush box and went off to talk to other people.  Go figure.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment