Sunday, November 14, 2010

Monstrous spider - with freehand!

I'm working on improving my extremely poor freehand skills. Hence the use of the phrase 'the F word' when I refer to freehand. But if I ever want to get better I need to keep trying.

I need 2 monstrous spiders for a game I'm setting up and here's the first one, painted to tabletop quality.

[caption id="attachment_429" align="aligncenter" width="600" caption="Monstrous spider with blue markings"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_430" align="aligncenter" width="600" caption="Monstrous spider with blue markings looking at ya"][/caption]

He's not based yet. I attached him to a spare Hirst custom block so I could paint him without continually rubbing off the paint. I'll base him and the other one at the same time. Next one gets red markings!

1 comment:

  1. Well, your "extremely poor" freehand skills are a thousand times better than mine. Got to your blog via the usual links to links to links, and I am enjoying it. Just really started getting into Hirst Arts/crafting recently, and it's an enjoyable addiction.

    Saw your October blog re:life changes. I sympathize. I lost my job and had my wife announce she was leaving me in the same week. Managed to get a new job, and, eventually, to get back together with my wife. John Lennon is reputed to have said "Life is what happens while you are making other plans." Not really into duck-billed platitudes like "Everything happens for a reason" (indeed, I take great comfort in the belief there is nothing behind the events in my life but an uncaring universe), but it is possible to survive and overcome. Never guaranteed, he says, knowing it might not be the most comforting thing to add, but it is *possible*, and that's always been enough for me. Good luck with your life and your crafting.

    My own *truly* pathetic efforts are at http://www.flickr.com/photos/13535843@N03/ . You don't know "extremely poor" until you've seen my work.

    ReplyDelete