Sunday, February 1, 2009

And this is why I decided on a blog

For a while I had my own website.  It wasn't my own domain, it was the space my ISP gave out for free.

Well, as I kept adding pictures I was nearing the limit of the free space and so I went with an inexpensive picture host.

Updating the website to add new content took a lot of effort so I didn't do it as often as I could.  I didn't have any nifty content management stuff.

Eventually I got smart and took the whole thing down.  It was woefully out of date and my interests had shifted anyway.

I had been posting on several different forums since I have several different interests.  Then I got guilted into starting here and found that I really do like the ability to quickly and easily add content as things get done.  Or not.

Unless it's something cool I really, really try not to post more than once per day.  Multiple postings per day starts getting into Twitter territory and then there's nothing for it but the flamethrower.

Why did I get onto this ramble?  I was looking at a friend's personal site and the news hasn't been updated since 11/16/08.  I know he's been doing things since he's posting on one of the forums.  My guess is that he hasn't had the time to update his site.

Which brings us back to the beginning and why I decided to keep going with the blog and not move to my own website again.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment