Wednesday, May 20, 2020

3D Designs - How to Cut Out Shapes

I made a very rough tutorial on how to cut a circle out of a square. While this sounds simple it's a lot of steps.

Have a look here.

I'm using Tinkercad for almost everything I do. You can create a free account and do some pretty complex stuff using their tools and the shapes other people have shared.

But CAD has always been a sore point with me. Mostly I don't 'get it'. Having the 3D printers has changed my opinion of that. I needed stuff that wasn't out there or I wanted to modify stuff that was. So I had to learn some form of CAD.

Anyway. If you're looking for a tool that lets you build more mechanical things (organic is a whole different game) then by all means use Tinkercad. They even have a section of pre-built connectors. Just take your time and do a lot of Google searches when things seem weird.

Personally the part that gets me most is the need to make negatives in order to get the shapes I want. That one I'm still working on since I suck at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment