Friday, June 27, 2008

Casting is prepped

Well, as much as I can be.

I had a little time so I pre-weighed my plaster.  I prefer to do this so I can cast portably.  But I couldn't do this until I had transferred the plaster from the fifty pound bag into the one gallon jugs.

I did that earlier this week.  Thursday I believe.

The digital scale was being used as a postal scale so it was upstairs.  I took it back to the basement and while I was down there I weighed out lots of little bags.  I weigh out 200g of plaster at a go.

Now, I can take the container with the bags of plaster and my tray with the rest of my casting equipment and cast in a reasonable amount of time.  No weighing, just pour out the water (a coffee scoop is 1/8 cup (30ml) so three of them equal 90g of water.  Handy that), pour in the plaster and mix.

Next week is out for casting but the week after that!  Hrm.  Maybe I'll make a couple of custom molds this week.  I need to remake my gothic dungeon builder with a more durable silicone and I have a couple of other ones I want to make.  My big container of silicone should be used before it starts to age so I need to plan a bunch of molds to use that up.  Once it ages it becomes far less useful.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment