Saturday, January 19, 2008

Slowly but surely

Slowly I turned, step by step, inch by inch....
That's how this arena project is feeling.  But it is getting done.  Over the last two days I got the veins on the marble (with a little assistance from a tasty adult beverage) and the copper painted on.  All that is left is the verdigris, the flames and the touchups.
Then I set them aside until the dogs aren't freezing to the lampposts and work on my fountain.  (I'm waiting until it gets warmer and I can varnish them, if that wasn't clear from what I just said.)
I stopped by the hobby store and picked up a couple more bottles of craft paint.  I got a rust-brown for the granite I'm going to paint and the color I plan on using on the second arena set.
I know I said I was going to use burgundy but I picked up a red metallic instead.  I think that will stand out more against the black, which was becoming a concern of mine.  And it's .. shiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment