Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Forgotten Realms Campaign - Up a Player

Win some, lose some. Or the other way around in this case. Whatever.

I joined a local Facebook group for gaming to try to find more players. And because the more groups I'm in the better chance I'll find games. I lucked out and found another player this way.

She's not replacing the player who left. She's taking his seat. There's a difference.

The party now includes a half-elf cleric.

I did NOT push her into playing a cleric. I didn't tell her the other characters until well after she'd made her decision. She wanted something that was simple but also had some magic. She's just getting into magic use in another game she's in so this is a good match for her.

She still needs to pick her deity, domains, region, etc. but she's got her stats and a feel for what has to be done next. I'll be sending her an email about that as well. It's a lot to remember.

I have one more person pending. She RSVP'd to the game on Meetup but hasn't answered my message to her opening the line of communication about the game. I'm giving her a few more days then I'll send a followup. Meetup messages can get a little odd. I don't want a new player showing up without a character for the first game. I really don't want a new player showing up and then finding out this isn't the game for them.

I'm excited because now I can work on a variety of magic items rather than ones with a healing focus. Everyone will get something at the first session and I like them to be useful. I get to play with my item generators this week!

Yes. That excites me. I love me some item generator charts.

No comments:

Post a Comment