Wednesday, January 7, 2009

I couldn't resist

I did finish up a miniature at paint night (pictures later) and did some work on yet another partially finished one.  Rather productive.

I needed a little project to fill the hour or so before I was going to head up to bed.  So I thought I would touch up the primer on the last Crusaders.  Spray primer doesn't always get in all the nooks and crannies.  I did.  I also used some craft paint to finish up the back of a terrain piece but that's a different story.

I still had some time so I gave in and started painting the archers.  There's only two of them and they're completely different from the other grunts in that they're not in full armor.  So, I have to think about more colors.

Right now I would say I'm maybe 1/4 done with them.  The undergarment is done.  The tunic skirt is done.  The overtunic is done.  Sounds like a lot but they're pretty easy.  I still have a lot of fiddly bits like the straps to paint up.

I was able to use some of the paints on other primed figures.  The warm grey from the tunic skirt is on the hose of a court figure.  The khaki brown from the undergarment is on the scabbards on my half-orc.  I like using up paint and that's why I have so many partially painted miniatures.  I'll have some extra on the palette and slap it on a convenient mini.  Then it sits until I have more paint that will work or I just give in and finish the thing.

Total painting time invested tonight - about an hour.  I don't count the primer touchups since that's prep work.

I tried taking some quick pictures but the lighting was way wrong.  These are primed black so they really need good light to get a decent picture while most of it is unpainted.

I'm not 100% on the colors so far.  The warm grey skirt with the ultramarine overtunic is a bit of a contrast but then again maybe that's what is going to work.  We'll find out, now won't we?

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment