Friday, April 2, 2010

Little tiny metal men

The game club got me into historicals by offering me a free brigade (aka - the "Bag o' Crack") so I had something in hand.  Yeah.  I bought the Lasalle rulebook already and found out I need to get a LOT more minis to make up my army.  ~sigh~  Like I didn't see that coming.

Luckily these guys have painted a lot of 15mm minis so they're more than willing to provide reference material and help.  It's a bit funny to see half a dozen people sitting around a large table, each of them with 50 to 200 figures being painted at the same time.  That's a lot of little tiny metal men.


They're glued to the jumbo craft sticks, which are about tongue depressor size.  That might give you an idea of scale.

They're based mostly in 8 models per infantry base and then differing numbers depending on what else they are.  I don't have any artillery yet.  Those get even more interesting since you have one set that are limbered (hooked up to the horses and can move) and unlimbered (shooting at things).  It doesn't seem to end.

Tomorrow my goal is to get the coats done on everyone, including the facings.  Those are going to be red.  The rest of the uniforms are white.  Tell me, who puts armies in the field wearing mostly white??  Oh yeah, Napoleon.

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

  1. I see you're using the craft sticks. You might consider trying paint-stirring sticks next time. They're a little easier to grip..and longer. (Ooh that sounds naughty)Anyhoo..you can sometimes get a few freebies from your hardware store cuz they have the store's name printed on.

    ReplyDelete