Thursday, February 7, 2008

Update on the tedium

Yes, I said tedium.  Making terrain isn't all sweetness and light.  Sometimes it is boring, grueling work.  Or at least repetitive.  I personally don't like making a lot of the same thing at once but there are times when that needs to be done.  So I sign onto my favorite chat channels and chat while I do this.

Here's how some of the books look with the covers completed.  Please note, only a very few of them will actually have the covers showing.  So the ones that look really odd and/or really bad won't be at the front of the stack.  I looked at this as a time to practice my freehand.  Yes, I know more practice is in order.


There's less than 1/4 of the original amount left to complete.  Which is good.  Because I'll be working away nicely and find my inspiration has gone somewhere .. else.  So that means I pack it up for the night.

Also, since I couldn't really fit the books into the existing bookcases I have new ones being built.  They're on the magnet board tonight and should be ready for detailing and painting in a day or so.

This thing might actually get done!

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment